We’ve all moved our lives online, immersed ourselves into social media and embraced the wealth of information available at our fingertips. Webinars have formed a huge part of how we now communicate and although they’ve been around for a long time, many of us are experiencing them for the first time. With this in mind, here are some top tips and questions to ask yourself to help you navigate the busy world of webinars and avoid webinar weariness.
Do you know what you’re looking for?
- Are you looking for information and advice?
- Do you want to learn more about a specific subject or topic?
- Are you looking to grow your network?
- Do you want to sell your product or service to win potential business?
Asking yourself these questions will help you to seek out the right webinar for you
Who is attending?
- Don’t be afraid to ask for an agenda and speaker details in advance, this is perfectly normal practice
- If there are some key influencers on the call, be brave and ask for a speaker spot!
- If the thought of speaking terrifies you, plan questions in advance and ask them using the chat function, most webinars will have a moderator who can ask questions on your behalf
- Is the webinar free? If not, is it worth you paying the admission fee? If you do decide to pay, ask the organiser how long your key speaker(s) are talking for – Make sure you get your money's worth!
When is the best time to attend a webinar?
- Avoid times when everyone in your household is using wi-fi at the same time
- Make sure you have time prior and after the webinar to prepare and wrap up, webinars have the habit of overrunning!
- Webinars are often planned weeks in advance meaning the content can become outdated very quickly, is the webinar you’re attending still relevant for your needs?
Why should you continue to attend webinars?
- The more you attend, the bigger your network will grow – simple!
- You can learn new skills – business & personal
- You can keep up to date with new legislation or regulations or simply what’s happening in your world
- Webinars are here to stay and will form part of your new normal. The key is to plan, make sure you have clear goals and avoid wasting your precious time by attending webinars that don’t align with what you’re looking for
- You will undoubtedly see an increase in your confidence
- Socialising is good for your mental health and keeps you in touch with like-minded people
- Webinars aren’t just for work!
- There’re some fantastic groups hosting free quizzes, fitness classes and general social get-togethers, purely for your entertainment, health and wellbeing
- Whether you want to learn a new language, take free cooking classes or brush up on a topic, you’ll be surprised how much content is out there covering all sorts of fun and informative subjects
- Some of the most successful webinars have been hosted by people just like you, talking about their own interests, hobbies and experiences. Be brave and host your own, you’ll be surprised how many people want to hear what you have to say!
- Setting up a webinar isn’t complex, with walk through’s and user guides a plenty, it’s easy to set up a webinar and invite guests to attend
EnterprisingYou provide fully funded support to the self-employed and gig economy workers across Greater Manchester. If you would like to find out more about EnterprisingYou, register online, email email@example.com or call 0161 667 6900 to speak to one of our business coaches.
More information about the EnterprisingYou programme can be found here.